1 January 2015

Disable Tab Animation and Speed Up Firefox Browser (PC)

Whatever I do with my very slow machine, the tab animations in firefox when shifting between tabs just makes my pc hang a lot. So, I found out that there is a way to shut it off and make the browser surfing experience faster.

SO HERE ARE THE STEPS:

1. Type     about:config    in your address and press enter









2. You will get the following window:









3. You may click  I'll be careful  button.

4. In the search box type    browser.tabs.animate    and hit enter. You get the picture below. Here the value is true which means the tab animation is turned on. Double click on it and it will be turned to false.










 
That's it. You may have made your firefox browser a little faster or more.
Thank you for reading.