16 July 2014

Importing contacts from Addressbook.sqlitedb to IPHONE/GMAIL/CSV/VCF for Iphone.

Hello folks! This tutorial is about importing contacts from addressbook.sqlitedb to IPHONE/GMAIL CONTACTS/CSV/VCF.

NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR IPHONE ONLY, ALTHOUGH CONVERSION OF CSV TO VCF IS UNIVERSAL.


STEPS for SQLITE to CSV

1. Install SQLite Manager add-on in your Firefox browser. This addon will be used to convert the sqlitedb file to csv. 
    Goto Menu-Tools-SQLite Manager in your Firefox browser like in the picture


2. After opening SQLite Manager add-on you will get something like this:


3. On SQLite Manager window click the open icon(CONNECT DATABASE) and selected AddressBook.sqlitedb.
    Open the Execute SQL tab(hint in the picture below) and execute the following query by clicking Execute Query.

 select ABPerson.prefix, ABPerson.first,ABPerson.last, ABMultiValue.value from ABPerson,ABMultiValue where ABMultiValue.record_id=ABPerson.ROWID



Here are the screenshots for step 3:


                               Open file/ connect database

                                      

                                              Execute SQL tab



 4. Now to Export the file to CSV,  click actions and select Export to csv from the drop down list. And there you have your CSV file. Here is the hint picture:

                                                 Export



 Finally, now you have your CSV file. All you need to do now is to convert your csv file to vcf format to export it to iphone or gmail contact.


STEPS FOR CSV TO VCF

1. Downlaod this(csvtovcard) free windows software for converting from csv to vcf. Here is the link: http://www.csvtovcard.com/
Install it and conversion is pretty easy. Please make sure that the properties of the first name, middle name, last name, mobile, etc. are in the right boxes. Otherwise contacts will be misplaced here and there, showing phone no. in name box. It gave me a lot of trouble, but, I fixed it.






  


Now after converting you'll get a vcf file ready to be used in gmail to enable gmail contacts sync in Iphone or any other phone.



STEPS FOR VCF TO GMAIL/IPHONE

1. Open your gmail account and open the contacts option. There you'll find an option to import contact. Simply select it and choose the file you just converted. Now gmail has your contact.






2. In your Iphone, go to setting. There you'll find a list for accounts section like icloud, gmail, etc. Link your gmail account and after linking you'll get option for syncing calender, contacts, etc. Simply turn on contacts. Now, your Iphone will be synced with gmail contacts.

Wolla! all done! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Because of Apple not singing iOS 8.1.2 anymore I can't Jailbreak anymore cause I had to restore to 8.1.3. I wanted a fresh phone so I didn't want to apply my old backup again on the phone, so I saved my contacts, notes etc. separately, but I didn't know I couldn't access root directories without Jailbreak, so I wasn't able to place my backup files back in their ordinary place so I had no contacts or anything, but with this guide I at least have all my contacts back, a bit messed up because of birthday and so on. but hey all numbers back. Now I 'only' have to wait for the next Jailbreak =/.


    THANKS A LOT FOR THE GUIDE <3


    Roman ends here xD

    ReplyDelete