13 April 2015

TUTORIAL: How To Fix Loose Headphone/Earpiece Wire By Yourself.

Everyone has at least come across a headphone not working in either one side due to a loose wire. Sometimes, it is near the audio jack and sometimes near the earpiece. When you give the wire a little twist it works on and off. If you face that problem then the tutorial is for you.



Here I will show you a brief tutorial in fixing your headphone by yourself. I am going to fix my Senheiser HD 202 2. Near the audio output/earpiece the wire is a little loose. So, I'm going to cut the wire and discard the loose part.




Things needed.

1. You can always improvise.
2. I am using a knife (laughing) to cut out the outer insulation i.e. the wire.
3. I am using a match stick to burn the white insulation (see picture below).
3. I am not using a soldering device because I don't have that. Rather, I am going to improvise using glue. Yes, I know! I am a fool. But, somehow my improvisation is working. 

Tutorial

1. Cut the loose part. Improvise according to your situation.
2. In the picture below, the fresh opening has white cloth like insulation. You can untwist it and cut it out from the thin metal or burn it along with the metal wire. Burning won't do any much difference to the metal wire. This method has worked best for me to completely eradicate the white insulation which is crucial in making your headphone work.


3. After you are done, just solder the wire to the headphone magnet like shown in the picture below.


5. That should solve your problem.

There is a lot to improvise here. But basically you get the idea of it. It's just putting wires or connecting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment