10 April 2015

How to make naked Domain work with Godaddy.com. Make your website work without entering WWW

I have finally bought a custom domain from Godaddy.com. After setting up with Blogger I noticed an issue where my page did not load if I didn't put www before the domain name.

For example, twowiz.com didn't open up my website. If I put www before it, then it works. Like www.twowiz.com opened up my page.

I went through a bunch of tutorials and suggestions from others to fix this issue. I finally found a way to load my page without putting www or so called making your website load with a 'naked domain.'

Naked here means without 'www.'

Here is the Solution

1. Log in to your godaddy account and select 'My Account.' And then select 'My domain.' The picture below will help.



2.  Click the setting icon like in the picture below. It will give up a bunch of option list. Select Manage Domain





3.  Then you will get the forwarding option. Forwarding means that you are directing to your page www.yourdomain.com. Click Manage.


4.  Edit the fields. The first one is http:// or https. I chose http://. In the second one enter the full name of your domain including www. You are forwarding towards this link which you want to show up when you click yourdomain.com or domain.com. You get the idea. In the third one, Choose either 301 or 302. You need to Research what each one does as they influence web crawlers. I selected 301. In Forward settings you have the option of selected forwarding only or forwarding with masking. The second option masks the url and shows the original link without showing the directed link. For example, you clicked youtube.com and it is directed to facebook.com. Still, youtube.com will be shown in the url. I didn't need masking, so I selected forwarding only. Check  the update my nameservers and dns setting option. Then click save.


5. Like in the picture below, Click Update Forwarding . Now go and try loading your site with the naked domain.
  


6. Lastly, also make sure that you have checked the option shown in the picture below in Blogger settings where you added your custom domain in blogger. Also in that blogger page you got the cname values.


That is all. Probably everything should work fine now. 

Stay Updated by Liking our Facebook page: TwoWiz


No comments:

Post a Comment